1. Privacy commitment
LEATHER & CO ACN 628 493 587 and its associated companies (“we”, “our” or us”) recognise the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We do everything we can to maintain that trust. Our staff are employed on the basis that they will protect information about you. This is our corporate standard. Under law, your rights to privacy are also protected. Privacy laws place strict requirements on us to treat certain information collected as confidential, to store your information securely and to allow you easy access to check and correct your information.
3. When do we collect information about you?
At times, we are required to collect personal information in the normal course of providing services for our customers.
These services apply across our brands and include:
◦ Accepting customer orders
◦ Processing online purchases and payments
◦ Registering an online account
◦ Maintaining client books
◦ Customer service (including social media channels such as facebook and instagram)
◦ Processing credit card payments (we do not keep this information on file)
◦ Processing e-cheque payments
◦ Receiving prize application forms
◦ Accepting gift voucher payments
◦ Processing refunds
◦ Maintaining detailed information on our websites
4. We make use of “cookies” on our websites. A cookie is a small software message sent to your web browser by our web server. Your browser stores the message in a file and the message is then sent back to our servers each time your browser requests a page from our servers.
Most Internet browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you will need to adjust the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your computer.
When you click on links and banners on our sites that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to that third-party's privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the internet, we cannot be held responsible for the actions of any third-party websites.
5. What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information from you:
◦ your name and contact details, such as your physical address, email address and phone number;
◦ your purchase history;
◦ your company name (if applicable);
◦ the name of the domain from which you access the internet;
◦ the date and time you access our sites;
◦ the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our sites;
◦ your cookies;
◦ any other information you may supply to us (via our ‘contact us’ form); and
6. Why do we collect this information?
We use the information to customise our services and plan product development so that we can provide you with relevant consumer information and notify you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you. It is also collected so that we may provide value-added services and marketing and re-marketing through our websites or other social media channels.
7. Do we share personal information with third parties? Yes, however only for the benefit of our customer and future customers shopping experience.
Who we may disclose your information to and why:
Klaviyo; the is our email marketing database which we utilise to send you beautifully designed emails in regards to new products, sales and services. You can view the Klaviyo EU data protection addendum here. (https://www.klaviyo.com/privacy/dpa)
We may also disclose information we hold to our directors and employees for business purposes only, to ensure your order arrives to you and also for; marketing or re-marketing purposes through our websites or other social media channels. You can contact us at any time to have your personal information removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell or trade your personal information.
8. Promotional communications
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, please let us know by clicking on the “unsubscribe link”/”update our preferences” at the bottom of any of our communications, or by clicking into your account and manage the level of communication which you want to receive from us. Or alternatively by emails us at email@example.com
You have the option of using a pseudonym when dealing with us so as not to identify yourself fully to us. Please bear in mind, however, that we will be unable to provide certain services to you unless you disclose your correct identity.
11. Privacy complaints
If you believe that we have breached your privacy rights in any way, or you would like to discuss any issues to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and handled with impartiality and discretion.
If you wish to submit a complaint, please provide us with all relevant details such as the date and time of the incident or communication, the circumstances surrounding the event and your concerns about what was said or done. You will also receive an acknowledgment from us within 7 days confirming receipt of your complaint.
Once you have submitted your complaint we will assess it to determine whether or not you have complained about a privacy issue which is covered by the relevant privacy laws.
If you have complained about something which the relevant privacy laws cover, we will thoroughly investigate all aspects of your complaint including ascertaining the relevant facts and what your expectations are for any resolution.
During our investigation we may need to seek further information from you as to the nature of or factual circumstances surrounding your complaint.
We will endeavour to respond to you at all times promptly and to offer a practical solution which is consistent with our legal obligations.